In my previous emails I was asking subscribed users to fill in my questionnaire on Google Form. Thank you for your replies, I didn't get many of them, but they are still very valuable for me.
This time I will publish only parts of the form which were supposed for open comments. When I will have more results, I will post here also graphs.
Anyway, here it is :)
- I don't know if it's possible but to have theme maker working on any Prestashop theme.
- Positioning and adding modules; layout customization? A save and/ or go back/forward option, so can compare changes.
- The PREVIEW function is not so great. Needs improvement the ability to have different templates for the design, not the usual rigid schedule type Prestashop, best chance to decorate all the parts of the template, I have to think more
- It's stick too much with the default theme
- Position of search box (to the right side)
- I would prefer to get modified css files from the original, not these "custommaker.css" files. Sometimes there could be more features (defining roundings in px, not premade rounded corners, possibility to chose between fixed, scrolling, cover, contain and so on for backround images etc.)
- drag and drop of module placement on pages
- Ease of knowing exactly where and how to change fonts on each page/level.
- Easy to use, pretty responsive, great site/ app. If anything I dislike is the preview hardly works for me, but the site is responsive anyway, so very good still.
- I’d like to be able to download my old created sites, even if my subscription is expired. Of course, not to make new one.
- The best thing for me is number of modifications
- The workflow is very smooth and user friendly. But the options for modifiying an downloading are not so user friendly. every time i modify a theme, it will create another download. The only way to download the latest is to look at the creation date.
- Love that I can make my own theme and add my backgrounds. Would like to see it a little easier to navigate to the different levels of categories and know how to change the fonts/colors, etc.
- Theme Maker is awesome.
- Very useful app, thanks and please keep up the great work, i tend to use this a lot in future
- Great job Andreji
- Everything is great :)
- the project ist very good and i really like it. It would be veeeeery cool, if you keep an eye at the prestshop community theme (https://github.com/PrestaShop/community-theme-16) an offer the same service for this project than for the original "bootstrap-default" :-) Thank you very much for your awesome work!
- Keep up the good work! I'll be back when I want to change again!
Thanks to your feedback from the form and from our personal emails, I made a list of the next improvements:
Basically the biggest complain was: the themes look too similar to the defaul theme. So this is my priority number one!
If you have any thoughts, please share in the comments or reply the Google Form :)
Create your own Prestashop theme here on Prestabuilder.comTry out PrestaBuilder Theme Editor
Andrej is a Prestashop enthusiast. He started by developing his own themes and then formed the idea of creating Theme Maker. He enjoys finding ways to make his life simpler, and that is the philosophy he incorporates into all his projects. Andrej is also interested in WordPress, Amazon FBA, drop shipping, studying languages, and reading books.
Hi Stephanie, hahaha, thank you very much for sharing your experience! :D So great to hear that Theme Maker was helpful for you!
I will add this option for the new editor for Prestashop 1.7 which I’m working on right now.